Signs & Symptoms
- The child may develop physical symptoms such as headaches or stomachaches on school days.
- Seek to escape uncomfortable peer interactions and/or academic performance situations such as test-taking or oral presentations.
- Seek to receive attention from significant others outside of school.
- Develop physical symptoms such as headaches or stomachaches on school days.
Some common fears are:
- Being separated from caregivers
- Riding on the bus
- Eating in the cafeteria
- Using the school bathroom
- Being called on in class
- Changing for gym
- Interacting with other children or teachers
- Being picked on by peers or older children
- Concerns about academic performance
- Fear of a teacher or bully